Saturday, December 04, 2010

Advent Homily


 I have just finished looking at this interesting blog post on forgiveness. Leave a comment or thought on it
 and here are thoughts from this Saturday night's homily   which Father gave on Repentance:
Turning around physically 


….a complete change of perspective…


turning from the boredom of the small way we see ourselves and looking towards how God would see. 


Yes we need to do this in the way we see the world and how we see others(ie the looking outwards) but also  in how we see ourselves (which must impinge on the later anyway!). 
We limit what we can  or are in God’s reality by holding on to  a self limiting view of “me” in our subjective unreality. 



Dare we believe we are made in the image of God, can we truly trust that he has chosen us as a daughter/son of the King of kings. 

How can I begin to see things with God sight and not my own eyes(which in my case have always been impaired anyway)…to think on waiting for the King.


1 comment:

Debra Elramey said...

This will be my meditation for today.
Beautiful post.
Lovely music for the soul.
So glad I stopped by.
Hope you'll visit me too.
Blessings,
Debra http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com